1) O Prophet! When you divorce women, divorce them for their Iddah[#387] and count Iddah/waiting period. And enter under the guardianship of Allah, your Rabb. Do not take them out of their homes unless they have committed an explicit transgression, immorality, nor should they leave. These are the limits of Allah. And whoever transgresses the limits of Allah has definitely treated unjustly to himself. You do not know, perhaps Allah will bring about another matter after this.
2,3) And when they have reached the end of their term, either keep them in a way that is acceptable for all or part with them in a way that is acceptable for all. Take two people who are just from among you witnesses. And establish the testimony for Allah. This is instructed to those who believe in Allah and the last day. And whoever enters under the guardianship of Allah, Allah will make for him a way out and will provide him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies on Allah, He is sufficient for him. Surely, Allah is the One Who fulfills His command. Allah has definitely determined/set a measure for everything.
4) And as for those from among your women whose menstrual cycle have been interrupted and who do not have any menstrual cycle because of an abnormality; if you doubt, their waiting term is three months. And the waiting term for those of them who are pregnant is until they deliver their burden; give birth or miscarry. Whoever enters under the guardianship of Allah; Allah will make ease for him of his matter.
5) This is the command of Allah which He has sent down to you. And whoever enters under the guardianship of Allah, Allah will remove his evil deeds and increase the reward for him.
6) Lodge those women in a part of your home according to your capacity and do not do anything to oppress them which may harm them and you. If they are pregnant, spend on them/provide sustenance until they deliver their burden. Then if they breastfeed for you, give them their payment and confer among yourselves in a way that is acceptable for all. And if you are in discord, then another woman will breastfeed whose payment will be upon the father.
7) Let those who have vast resources spend/provide sustenance in accordance with their resources. And let him whose provision is restricted give from what Allah has given to him. Allah does not burden anyone other than what He has given to him. Allah will bring an ease after hardship.
8) There have been many of the cities which rebelled against the command of their Rabb and His messengers so We concluded their accounts severely and punished them with an unprecedented punishment.
9) Thus they suffered the consequences of their affairs. And the outcome of their affairs was to suffer in a complete loss.
10,11) Allah has prepared for them a severe punishment. Then, o you of understanding who have believed! Enter under the guardianship of Allah. Surely, Allah has sent down to you a reminder, a messenger that recites to you clear Ayat/evidences/signs of Allah to bring those who have believed and done amendatory deeds out from all darkness into the light. And whoever believes in Allah and does righteous deeds, Allah will admit him into the gardens of Jannah [Heaven/Paradise] underneath of which rivers flow in which he will abide eternally. Allah has perfected the provision for him.
12) Allah is the One Who formed the universe. The command descends between the heavens/universe and the earth so you may know that Allah is competent over all things and His knowledge encompasses all things.